Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Google Takeover




Google is a part of everyday life for most people that have Internet access. The people that use it search for anything that they want to know. But is it an addiction or just force of habit? 

There are some signs that it could be an addiction, but I think it is the fact that Google is growing and providing services for everyone to use. They make the services really easy to use so a person that is not very good with technology can use it.  

Has Google gone overboard with providing all of the services they have?

Personally, I use Google all the time for whatever I need to know. I even use Google Drive to save papers and projects when I don't have a flash drive with me. I have found that I use Google way too much, but it is a handy place to go to keep all the things you need and things you need to know. 

But, I do feel like they have taken over the lives of people. This could cause people to think "is all of our information safe with this company?"

With how much information Google has on just about everyone with Internet access. They have so much information that they can tell what you are looking for with just a partial phrase or even just a couple letters of the word.  

It is a nice feature that they get you the information that want quick, but it seems really creepy that they know what you like and could advertise to what you like.

Then you get to thinking, is Google making all of us less of an individual and making us what they want us to be?
Since they cater to what you like (from your search history) we still have our individuality in some form. But, some of or individuality has been taken over by them because they base the searches on what is popular, and not our favorite places to go to.

Overall, Google has started to take over people’s lives to the point that they know what you like and don't like. That can be a big issue of privacy and individuality. And this will continue to be an issue until Google stops expanding what they provide.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting video. I wonder how long it took the maker to figure out all those "Google Hacks." I particularly like the Bacon number although I was disappointed to find I didn't have one.

    ReplyDelete