Wednesday, April 2, 2014

David Weinberger Reaction

Photo Courtesy of http://www.a-speakers.com/speakers/david-weinberger/
I just read the David Weinberger blog post by Rebecca Blood in January 2006. I thought that the answer he gave her were good and made the blog entry fun to read. I found that he joked around a lot and was sarcastic at just the right times so you didn't get bored reading it.

He had some good points when he stated blogging was more fun when you have a community that shares the interests that you have.

When I was maintaining my blog for my class, I found it easier to write about what I was interested in. Weinberger hit on that and stated "Sometimes it's because I'm saying something I think will amuse or bring new light on a topic. Sometimes it's to help spread word about a site, an idea, an outrage."

This shows that his passions are being reflected in his blog. Even if nobody agrees with him he still writes about it. But he does take enough caution to not offend anyone.

I also found it interesting that he read other peoples blogs to keep up with them. This is interesting because it shows he likes to be connected with other people. And I like how he does not like to look at his own blog unless it is to look at the comments about his posts.

The thing that I found was odd is that he did not track how many people viewed his blog. If I was him, I would want to know how man people has read what I wrote and out of how many of the people that read my post wrote a comment.

The only thing that bothered me was that he sometimes writes to provoke reactions out of people. That is something that people should not do in my mind. I learned as a kid if you don't have anything nice to say about a person or a topic, don't say it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment